Pankhuri Awasthy is the wife of Gautam Rode. Apart from that, Pankhuri Awasthy is also an Indian Actress, beautiful model and TV host. The wife of Gautam Rode was born on 31 March 1991 (Age: 29 years as in 2020) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. She became a very popular celebrity after marrying an Indian actor Gautam Rode. Their is a age difference of 13 years between Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy.
Some Beautiful Pics of Pankhuri Awasthy (Gautam Rode’s Wife)
Some beautiful images of Pankhuri Awasthy are shown in this section. Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy are looking gorgeous in these pics.
Less Known Interesting Facts of Pankhuri Awasthy
- Hair: Black
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Her Nickname: Pankhu
- Religion: Hinduism
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Place of Birth: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Her favourite colour: White
- Favourite Destinations: Kashmir, Mauritius, San Francisco
- Her Favourite Food: Pasta
- Favourite Actor: Shahrukh Khan
- Her favourite film: Swadesh (2004), Pardesh (1997)
- She was born in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh but actually studied and graduated from Delhi, India.
- Pankhuri Awasthy completed her schooling from Bluebells School, New Delhi, India and college from Hindu College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- Then she decided to obtain a marketing job as an assistant sales manager in ITC. for that, she shifted to Bangalore, India. Finally, Pankhuri opted acting career and settled in Mumbai, India.
- Hobbies: Writing
- Famous for: A role of “Razia Sultan” on TV (2015)
- He fond of “Buddha”s. Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy have set up a corner in their house for “Buddha”s.
- Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy both don’t drink alcohol but they have set up a place like a bar in their house but it is for sitting and reading or writing something because Pankhuri is fond of writing.
- She believes: “Gautam Rode is very short-tempered.”
- Pankhuri Awasthy doesn’t like when Gautam Rode goes to the gym for much time.
- Once, Gautam Rode gifted washing machine to Pankhuri Awasthy!
- Their first date was arranged by Gautam Rode at late night on the beach of Umargaon, India where they were shooting those days.
- According to Gautam Rode, his wife Pankhuri Awasthy is introvert in the outer world but very extrovert with him.
Love Story of Gautam Rode and his Wife Pankhuri Awasthy
The love story of the cute couple Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy is incredible and romantic. After reading their love story you would feel that it was just like a Romantic Hindi Movie! “Ishq Mein Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham”, “Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahaan”, “Love is so complicated”, “Pure Love”, “Pyaar Ki Jeet” – Combination of all these things is the Love Story of Gautam Rode & his wife Pankhuri Awasthy! Their love story proves age is just a number. It does not matter in true love! Their love story is not like a Bollywood movie but so as simple but interesting just like nature of Gautam Rode and wife Pankhuri Awasthy. Let’s begin the love journey!
First Meeting of Gautam Rode & Pankhuri Awasthy:
In the first meeting, Pankhuri Awasthy was sitting on the chair having a leg on the handle of the chair. She wore clothes like a boy. When Gautam Rode saw her sitting on the chair like that Gautam was confused about whether he is a boy or a girl. Then, he went to her, and exchanged “Hi” to each other.
The first image of Pankhuri Awasthy in Gautam’s mind was completely weird! Many girls tried to get into Gautam’s life. But no one managed to do that. Gautam Rode was waiting for someone very special. Then he saw Pankhuri Awasthy and he had some special feelings for that girl. Not in the first meeting but eventually. He just can’t wait to talk with her. So, he started a normal conversation with Pankhuri. And as time passed, they both began to feel special to each other. After that, both had strong feelings toward each other.
The date on the Beach…
Pankhuri Awasthy loves beaches. Gautam noted that and he arranged their first date on the beach. Those days Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy were shooting “Suryaputra Karn”. Pankhuri Awasthy was playing the character of “Draupadi” and Gautam in the lead role of “Karn”. The set was in Gurgaon, Gujarat, India. Near the set almost 2 km from the set there is a beautiful beach.
After shooting at night Gautam Rode called Pankhuri Awasthy and both spend a beautiful time at the beach. Sea breezes were making the atmosphere more romantic. In the silence of the night, each of them discovered their ultimate companion!
One Step Ahead…
The love Story of handsome Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy is completely different than a normal Love Story of any celebrity couple. No one was so sure about their relationship hence media didn’t come into the picture. So, fans of Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy were completely unaware of their relationship.
In 2017, in an interview, Gautam Rode gave a diplomatic answer: “It is not true that I don’t want to marry. I am on that way and soon will reach the destination.” when he was directly asked about his relations with Pankhuri Awasthy, he replied: “I don’t wanna disclose the name, but I am looking at someone definitely and I am committed to someone right now.”
That’s what Pankhuri Awasthy likes in Gautam! Pankhuri has said much time that: “I like the way Gautam handles the situation. He deals with every situation comfortably.”
Gautam Rode believes he and Pankhuri share same frequency and she completes his family perfectly. According to Pankhuri Awasthy, Gautam Rode is a so simple guy and whenever she is with him, she feels so comfortable.
An exciting Engagement:
Gautam accepts that after marrying with Pankhuri Awasthy, he has got control of his temper. She helped me a lot to decrease the extent of short-tempers. Both are very busy in their shooting but to spend more time with each other, Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy decided to spend a good time in Thailand.
Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri Awasthy got engaged in a secret ceremony with the presence of close friends and family. The function was in Delhi, India. After the engagement, Gautam Rode was very happy and said: “Yes, it is true that I and Pankhuri Awasthy got engaged and lucky to have a partner like Pankhuri.” As we all know Gautam Rode is a fitness enthusiast.
Grand Marriage Celebration of Gautam Rode & his wife Pankhuri Awasthy:
The function was in Alwar, Rajasthan, India.
After a long relationship, On 5 February 2018, both tied a knot in the presence of their family members and close friends in a beautiful place of Alwar, Rajasthan, India.
Pankhuri Awasthy was looking beautiful and graceful in red designer saree on the wedding day. Gautam Rode was also looking equally graceful and handsome in Indian traditional sherwani.
Married Life of Gautam Rode and his wife
Once Gautam Rode gave washing machine as a gift to Pankhuri Awasthy. She was completely shocked. How can anyone gift a washing machine! It was same as Sargun Mehta and Ravi Dubey. Ravi also gifted TV and washing machine as a gift to his wife Sargun Mehta
Must Read: Sakshi Dhoni (MS Dhoni’s wife)
- Pankhuri Awasthy’s debut TV series was “Yeh Hai Aashiqui – My Dil Goes Left Right Left” (2014). Her role was episodic but she got the opportunity which she needed. She worked in episode number 47 and played the character of “Salma” in the episode on Bindass Channel.
- Then, she played the role of “Seher” in “MTV Fanaah Season 2″ on MTV India TV channel in 2014.
- Now it’s a time of the entry of the character who made Pankhuri Awasthy much popular celebrity.
Must Read: Anjali Tendulkar (Sachin Tendulkar’s wife)
At the peak…
- In 2015, Pankhuri Awasthy started playing the character of Razia Sultan in the mythological serial “Razia Sultan” on &TV. Pankhuri played her role very well and became popular as Razia Sultan.
- During the same period in 2015-16, she played the role of the famous character of “Draupadi” of “Mahabharat” in TV serial “Suryaputra Karn” on Sony TV. The lead actor in the show was none other than her future husband Gautam Rode who was playing the character of “Karn”.
- In the first meeting, Pankhuri Awasthy was sitting on the chair having a leg on the handle of the chair. She wore clothes like a boy. When Gautam Rode saw her sitting on the chair like that Gautam was confused whether he is a boy or a girl. Then, he went to her and exchange “Hi” to each other.
- Then, Pankhuri Awasthy worked in other TV serials like “Kya Qusoor Hai Amala Ka” (2017), “Kaun Hai? – The Mysterious Doll Of Putulgunj: Part 1 & Part 2″ (2018) and “Laal Ishq – Mayong” (2018).
- She got an opportunity to work in the very popular TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” (2019-20) on Starplus. She played the role of “Vedika” in that show.
- Pankhuri Awasthy also gave a fantastic performance in 19th ITA Awards 2019 with Mohit Malik, Gautam Rode and cute Shivangi Joshi. That awesome performance video is embedded further in the post.
- Pankhuri’s debut Bollywood movie is “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan”. She played the character of “Kusum” in that movie.
Must Read: Ashrita Shetty (Manish Pandey’s Wife)
Pankhuri Awasthy: A Perfect homemaker!
Gautam Rode says many time Pankhuri Awasthy is perfect for his family. Gautam says: “I don’t know how to cook and how to set things in the home. Even I don’t know how to decorate home. Pankhuri manages everything. She cooks very well and takes care of everything in the home. I am very much thankful to her.”
Recently, Gautam Rode and wife Pankhuri Awasthy shifted into a new home. According to Gautam, Pankhuri Awasthy managed everything in the home single-handedly. Gautam Rode helped her in adjusting some of the things but majority work was done by Pankhuri.
Gautam Rode and wife Pankhuri Awasthy have chosen a perfect design for her drawing-room. She is an ARTs honour from Delhi University hence she loves to read books. Her home is full of books. She has made furniture in the way that she can use is it for books as well as for photos. She has a corner in her home where she has set all the photos of her grandparents, Gautam’s grandparents, her parents, Gautam’s parents, her cousins, Gautam’s cousins, Gautam and her.
Gautam Rode is fond of Buddha. He has almost 8-9 Buddhas in his home. His wife Pankhuri has decorated the home by setting all the Buddhas in various places in the home. She is a well-known actress as well a perfect homemaker!
Must Read: Divyanka Tripathi (Vivek Dahiya’s Wife)
Pankhuri Awasthy in “Razia Sultan”
“Razia Sultan” was a mythological and historical drama series on &TV from 6 March 2015. The lead actress in the drama was Pankhuri Awasthy. Pankhuri Awasthy started playing the character of Razia Sultan in the mythological serial “Razia Sultan” on &TV. Pankhuri played her role very well and became popular as Razia Sultan.
For this show, Pankhuri practiced fencing. Her role in this serial made her very popular. She worked with many famous TV stars in this show like Pankhuri Awasthy as Razia Sultan, Rohit Purohit as Ikhtiyar ud-din Malik Altunia, Saurabh Pandey as Jamal-ud-Din Yaqut, Sooraj Thapar as Shams-ud-din Iltutmish, Khalida Turi as Qutub Begum, Mohit Abrol as Nasiruddin Mahmud, Seema Kapoor as Shamshad Begum (Valide Sultan), Sambhavna Seth as Shah Turkan etc.
Must Read: Jankee Parekh (Nakuul Mehta’s Wife)
Gautam Rode and his Wife in “Suryaputra Karn”
This serial was based on the life of the great archer and warrior Karna who was the son of Kunti, mother of Pandavas.
Draupadi, the wife of Pandavas, also was an important character of Mahabharat. The role of Draupadi was played by Pankhuri Awasthy in the TV serial “Suryaputra Karna “. In the serial, there is one important event of Draupadi’s swayamvar was shown. In this event, Draupadi opposed the participation of Karna as he was not born to the Royal family. This was a big insult of Karna. Gautam Rode and his wife Pankhuri met first time on the sets of “Suryaputra Karna”.
Pankhuri also earned a lot of fame and praise by playing the role of Draupadi in the serial. Though in tv serial Pankhuri rejected Gautam Rode, in real life she accepted the marriage proposal of Gautam Rode.
Must Read: Priyanka Chaudhary (Suresh Raina’s wife)
Pankhuri Awasthy in “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”
After her great performance in “Razia Sultan” and “Suryaputra Karn”, she was offered a role of “Vedika” in the very popular TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”. It is the fourth-longest Indian Television serial. It has recently completed 11 years.
Akshara (Hina Khan) and Naitik (Karan Mehra) were in the lead role initially. Now, her daughter Naira (Shivangi Joshi) and her husband Kartik (Mohsin Khan) are in lead roles. Actually, Naira left the home due to lack of trust in the relationship with Kartik without informing that she is pregnant and met with an accident. Kartik and family thought she has died but she was alive. 5 years later, she and her son Kairav live in Goa. During the period Kartik gets married to Vedika (Pankhuri Awasthy). When Naira comes back, Vedika realizes their divine love and affection and decides to take divorce with Kartik.
In a negative role too, she proved her acting skills. During a show, there was 19th ITA Awards 2019. She performed very well with her co-stars and husband Gautam Rode.
Must Read: Riva Solanki (Ravindra Jadeja’s wife)
Gautam Rode and his Wife’s Fantastic Dance Performance
On 10th November 2019, The great Indian Television Academy Awards (ITA Awards) was held in Nehru Stadium, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. Many famous Bollywood celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Ranvir Singh, Urvashi Rautela, Hrithik Roshan etc. were present in the award ceremony.
In that Awards, Vedika in “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” aka Pankhuri Awasthy gave a Dhamakedar Dance performance with Mohit Malik, her husband Gautam Rode and her co-star in “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” Shivangi Joshi. Her look, dancing moves and chemistry with her husband Gautam Rode grabbed an attention of the audience. Here is a video clip of that phenomenal performance…
Must Read: Sagarika Ghatge (Zaheer Khan Wife)
Pankhuri Awasthy in Bollywood Movie “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan”
Now, Pankhuri’s talent and acting skills helped her to take one more step. Her Bollywood debut film is “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan”. “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan” is a comedy Bollywood movie released in India on 21 February 2020. Famous Bollywood director Hitesh Kewalya directed it. Pankhuri Awasthy played the role of “Kusum Nigam” in the movie.
Actually, the film story is about Tripathi family. Kusum Nigam is the neighbor of this family. Tripathi family members want to marry their son Aman Tripathi (Jitendra Kumar) to Kusum Nigam (Pankhuri Awasthy). Then, everyone comes to know that Jitendra is gay and he has already a boyfriend named Kartik Singh (Ayushmann Khurrana).
Must Read: Ritika Sajdeh (Rohit Sharma’s wife)
Gautam Rode and Wife Pankhuri Awasthy with Celebrities
Many famous TV actors and celebrities like Mohit Malik, Shivangi Joshi, Neena Gupta, Sunita Rajwar, Rohit Purohit, Saurabh Pandey, Sooraj Thapar, Khalida Turi, Seema Kapoor, Kanan Malhotra, Mallika Juneja, Ketan Karande, Navi Bhangu, Puneet Kapoor, Mohsin Khan, Hardik Pandya’s girlfriend Natasa Stankovic, Gauhar Khan etc. are good friends of Pankhuri Awasthy.
In the images of this section, Gautam Rode and wife Pankhuri Awasthy are with Gauhar Khan and Hardik Pandya’s girlfriend Natasa Stankovic.
Must Read: Debina Bonnerjee (Gurmeet Choudhary’s Wife)
Fan Following of the Wife of Gautam Rode on Social Media
Pankhuri Awasthy is already a very big celebrity with a huge fan following. Her followers on Instagram are more than 283k. The link to her social media accounts is given below.
- Her Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/pankhuri313/?hl=en
Must Read: Ishita Dutta (Vatsal Sheth’s Wife)
Family of Pankhuri Awasthy After Marriage
As of 2020, Pankhuri Awasthy’s family has 2 members that include husband and wife. Gautam Rode (husband), and Pankhuri Awasthy (wife). They make such an adorable family. By the way both of them are planning for a cute little angel!